Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wiggling and Wobbling

Indians wiggle their head.
Belgians wobble the Indian ways.

That describes more or less the experiences of a Belgian expat in India.

Cut from the daily communication in one's mothertongue, an expat - at least if he doesn't mingle only with other expats - gets a lot of strange experiences. Especially in a confusing country like India.

This blog is dedicated to my Indian colleagues.
With some of them communication is easy, with others it's like you never come to a mutual understanding.
These are the wiggling people.
I hope they understand that we Belgians are only wobbling a bit around here to find a way to perfect co-operation and mutual understanding ...

This blog is also dedicated to my Belgian colleagues.
I hope that they'll learn to understand the wiggling and wobbling ones.

There's so much more under the sun than doing business ...
I hope this blog - in which I plan to tell every now and then about my experiences as a Belgian expat in India - will contribute to a good co-operation between all my colleagues.

Tony Vangelabbeek
Genesis Textware pvt. ltd.
Gurgaon, India

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your concept of wiggling & wobbling, and the way you have drawn lines between it :)